Looking for information about serving as or providing for a member of the clergy in the Episcopal Diocese of Northern Indiana? Whether you are searching for information about the Church Pension Group and the Denominational Health Plan or you are wondering whether we have an open positions, this is the place to be!
Pension, Insurance and Other Benefits
The Church Pension Fund (CPF) was founded in 1917 to provide pension benefits to eligible clergy of the Episcopal Church. Since then, with the authorization of General Convention, its mission has expanded. Today, the Church Pension Group (CPG), which consists of CPF and its affiliate companies, provides:
- Pension and related benefits to eligible clergy and lay employees
- Clergy Pension Plan Revisions, as presented by CPG in March of 2017
- Life and disability insurance
- Health benefits
- Tax guidance
- Property and casualty insurance for Episcopal churches and institutions
- Book and music publishing, including the official worship materials of the Episcopal Church.
Letters of Agreement and Supporting Documents
All parochial clergy—both priests and deacons—should have Letters of Agreement (LOA) with the parishes for which they regularly serve. While not a contract, per se (expiry of the LOA does not result in the ending of employment), the LOA does spell out mutual expectations for both the clergy and the lay leadership so as to avoid both routine misunderstandings and ill-will in times of crisis.
Clergy and vestry should review and (where necessary) revise their LOA once a year, preferably in time for any changes to be reflected in the parish budget for the coming year. Below you will find materials to help with the creation, review and revision of your LOA:
Letter of Agreement Templates
- Letter of Agreement Template for Rectors and Priests in Charge- revised Feb 2018 by Diocesan Council
- Letter of Agreement - Deacons - approved Oct 2017 by Diocesan Council
- Letter of Agreement - Supply-Plus - approved Feb 2018 by Diocesan Council
- Letter of Agreement - Worksheet - approved Feb 2018 by Diocesan Council *to see without the thick black lines, DOWNLOAD the file (top right hand button)
Grace Episcopal Church, a pastoral-sized parish on the Southwest side of Ft. Wayne, Indiana, is eagerly seeking its next rector. We are a joyously progressive faith community whose liturgy blends the contemporary with the traditional. Collaboration with other area faith communities is a priority for us, particularly in our outreach efforts. We hope for a rector who is energetic and flexible, embraces variety, and is compassionate in ministry.
Interested persons should send a cover letter, cv and OTM Profile to Missioner Terri Bays at firstname.lastname@example.org by March 15, 2018.